Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bargains

     Recently I have been trying to save money so I bought  a watch from Kmart. It was a cute watch, but the band would break every few months and it cost more to replace the band than it would to just buy a new watch . So I kept buying a new watch from Kmart. After awhile I realized I was not saving any money at all so I broke down and bought a Swatch watch. Those usually last slightly longer than the warranty, which is 2 years. Sadly this ends up being less money than constantly buying a cheap watch and wondering how long it will last me.
    It can be frustrating though because for so many things I have to buy quality product that it would be nice to be able to get away with buying the cheap brands. I can't buy Payless shoes because they aren't comfortable and I have a job that requires me to be on my feet .  I am highly myopic so I never get a good price for glasses in an optical shop. They only give good prices to people whose vision is below -6.00.
     Sometimes paying for quality is better than just getting the cheapo product because the quality product last longer and in the long run may cost you less. It is a challenge to figure out which products the cheapo version will suffice for and which product the more middle ranged priced item will end up being the better bargain for.

No comments: