Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kichel

     One of my favorite kiddush dishes is kichel. Its easy to buy them but I always thought it would be fun to make them. So I did.    I found this great recipe that I will share with you.

     ' 
This recipe is adapted from the book "The World of Jewish Cooking" by Gil Marks. 
Eier Kichlich
3 large eggs
4-5  tbsp granulated sugar, divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola oil 
1 cup all purpose flour

Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy for 5-10 minutes.  Add 1tbsp sugar, salt and oil and continue beating mixture until thick for about 10 minutes. Gradually beat in the flour  until the mixture is smooth. 
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Sprinkle kichlich with 2-4 tablespoons of sugar , to cover. 
 Bake kichlich until puffed and golden brown for 20-25 minutes.  
Remove pans from oven and with a spatula transfer cookies fro pan to a cooling rack. Allow to completely cool before serving.  
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or in freezer bags in the freezer for up to three months. 


1 comment:

Mr. Cohen said...

I just finished watching the Punk Jews video.

When do I get a kichel?