Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Alone?

     The other day a friend of mine told me that she thought that I was fortunate because I live alone and therefore have my freedom to do whatever I want on the weekends. I guess she also meant because I am single. The funny part is that though I do not have any roommates I don't really feel like I am alone. I am around people constantly at work , on the train, walking down the street, in the hallways of my apartment building, spending time with friends. There isn't a lot of time to be alone.  Though I do not have roommates I don't think of myself as "living alone". The only time I think about it is when I have good guests and miss them when they leave.
      Then again its not so much the living alone part that gives me such freedom its the single without kids that does. I do not have a husband  or child who would make my down time less my own. Freedom is nice, but  I can see how responsibilities and commitments can make life rich as well. Alone isn't always best, but I am enjoying my alone time while I have it.
      

No comments: