Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Constant of Change

   Work can be very stressful. I work with lots of characters . On the weekends I like to spend time with friends and acquaintances minus the  drama. I used to be a Shabbos guest to a family whose resting tone was yelling. After awhile I just could not take it so I stopped visiting them. Other times I have met really rude people at Shabbos meals that I am sure not to attend if I know that  those extremely rude people will be attending. To be fair I have sporadically hosted Shabbos meals which makes things easier since I am in charge of the guest list. Often I am too tired to host a meal even though I enjoy doing so.
     Life is so transient. Friends and neighbors change . People move away. Life situations change. You can think one is set with friends and family and that can all change. I like things to stay the same but the joke is on me. The only thing that is constant is change.
      

2 comments:

Pinchas said...

Re "I used to be a Shabbos guest to a family whose resting tone was yelling"

I visited a family like that when I was "becoming Baal Teshuva".

The father threatened to hit one of his children over something that, imho, did not merit such a reaction .

I made it clear that I did not have enough yiddishkeit background to know the proper response as a shabbos guest witnessing such parenting, and that it was possible that I might not be able to restrain myself from punishing the father in kind...

Needless to say the rest of Shabbos was very tense but quiet, and I was never invited to that home again...

frum single female said...

Pinchas-
Wow. Fortunately I have never witnessed that , but I have witnessed other things that I would have liked to comment upon but opted not to because I am not a parent.