Monday, August 22, 2016

OTD

     After reading a lot of stories of  chasidim  who have gone off the derech it has changed how I view them. I used to think that just by how they look that they must be on another spiritual plane . Now I realize that that same chasidic garbed individual may really be someone who is plotting their freedom from it. One cannot tell just by looking at a person's dress how sincere their actions are. Truthfully, I always  believed  this about people's externals. I  never thought that someone's dress defined the intensity of their religious fervor . Now I believe it even more.
     No matter how religious or non-religious a person grows up one needs to figure out where one fits in and feels comfortable.
      One more thing,,,, Judaism  isn't all or nothing. Its lots of shades of grey, 

No comments: